WHAT IS DRIVE IN RACKING?
Drive In rack is one of the most commonly used heavy duty rack. This system is used for warehouses that require to store large quantities of homogeneous goods. Learning about its features helps you know whether this is the optimal chooice for your business. HEDA will support you find out what is Drive In racking and its characteristics through the following article.
Drive In racking system is a storage solution with extremely high density. Aisle space is minimized to increase the amount of stored goods, so forklifts move directly into the rack for loading and unloading. Each level has guide rails to guide and place the pallets inside the system.
Drive In rack is designed for warehouses that use pallets of only one size. This system applies LIFO (Last In Fist Out).
Structure of Drive In rack
Drive In pallet racking includes 8 basic components:
- Upright frame: Bear for the whole system.
- Horizontal brace: Disperse force between the upright frames.
- Top beam: Connect between 2 upright frames, because there is no beam.
- Batter brace: Support top beams connect upright frames.
- Footplate: Connect the upright frames to the floor and keep the system steady.
- Guard rail: Protecting the system from collisions.
- Support arm: Bear the pallet weight and disperse force to the upright frames.
- Pallet rail: Support to keep pallet stable.
Advantages Drive In system
Drive In pallet rack have a lot of advantages:
- Use up to 70% of the warehouse area.
- Extremely high density storage.
- Suitable for storing a large amount of homogeneous products
- Great solution for warehouses where you do not need to take exactly individual goods.
- The rack is linked by bolts, so it is easy to move, change the structure and upgrade as needed.
These are the great advantages of the Drive In system. In many cases, enterprises often use this rack with Selective system or Double Deep system. This combination will help you store diverse items.
What are the use cases for Drive In racking?
Because Drive In rack has a some restrictions, it is just suitable for some cases:
- When you need to store large amounts of homogeneous products.
- You do not have to reach the goods directly.
- No matter the order of loading and unloading goods.
- Cold warehouses need to increase storage density to reduce operating costs.
Guangzhou Heda Shelves Co.,Ltd ,located in Pazhou - the Exhibition based of Chinese Import & Export Fair Complex, is a professional company specializing in designing, manufacturing, selling and installing all types of display and storage shelves. We can ensure you the first-class service, management and products.
Our factory, advanced facilities and professional workmanship ensure our further improvement. We have made various fashionable and high-end shelves for different well-know brand customers. Our products are very popular in Southeast Asia, Australia, Europe, America and Canada. We have gained great credit from our foreign customers.
Welcome to our showroom anytime in Pazho,Guangzhou.
WHY CHOOSE US?
Our sales group is an energetic team full of vision, youth and vitality. Our passion, absorption and diligence have gained sincere trust and good reputation from customers all over the world. Also we have cooperated with many famous companies like Wal-Mart and Jusco. With our professional design team and creative ideas , we can make and design all shelves according to our client’s requirements.
Customization is warmly welcomed!